Thursday, October 13, 2011

A (not so) Funny Story

Long story short...there was a mouse in my apartment! Now I'm going to tell you, I lived in the Gambia, or as I like to call it, RWA (Rural West Africa) for a month and I am no longer afraid of spiders, bats, or other large bugs inhabiting that continent, but I cannot and will not live with a mouse. I kept thinking to myself "when there's one, there's more." OH NO! The guy next door told me he has been living here 10 years and he has never once seen a mouse. Of course the one mouse that makes it's way into the building inhabits my home.

I saw little mousy two days ago running across my carpet and I had a fit. I even left my apartment for the night because I refused. You may say it's childish, but I say you're wrong! The very next day I got steel wool and sticky traps and covered my apartment top to bottom. Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for mousy, I caught it! But that's all I have to say about that.

RIP little mousy.

KCJ

No comments:

Post a Comment